[Rd] pari/gp interface

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 12:35:04 CEST 2006

On Windows XP either of these work under R.  Here echo and findstr
are builtin Windows commands but you could substitute others:

   system("cmd /c echo abc | findstr a", intern = TRUE)
   shell("echo abc | findstr a", intern = TRUE)

If its necessary to special case it then note that the
R variable .Platform$OS.type equals "windows" on Windows.