[Rd] An offer: R packages in Gentoo Land?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sun Jul 2 10:21:08 CEST 2006

Allen S. Rout wrote:
> Greetings.  I love R, we run Gentoo.  I want to maintain R packages in
> the same methods I use for the rest of them; in Gentoo this is in "the
> portage tree", or in "a portage overlay".
>
> I am working towards something I consider suitable for production
> release, and wanted to ask if there are conventional blessings which I
> ought to ask of the R-devel folks; How does this usually go, in
> R-land?
>
> Are there other developeRs who run Gentoo who would be willing to
> kibitz?

I'm neither an R nor a Gentoo developer but I run Gentoo and R and would
welcome an integrated Portage/CRAN/Bioconductor package management
system. I would recommend joining the "gentoo-science" mailing list.
Email me off list if you'd like an introduction.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com