[Rd] Rigroup external package ready to go but no incoming at ftp site

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 4 01:54:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

I found a web page that said to upload using ftp to cran.r-
project.org/incoming

Unfortunately, I can't seem to do that either.

[kbhend at base3 src]$ ftp -d cran.r-project.org
Connected to cran.wu-wien.ac.at.
220 Welcome to the CRAN FTP service.
---> AUTH GSSAPI
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
---> AUTH KERBEROS_V4
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (cran.r-project.org:kbhend): anonymous
---> USER anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
---> PASS XXXX
230-Welcome, CRAN useR!
230-
230-If you have any unusual problems,
230-please report them via e-mail to <cran-sysadmin at statmath.wu-
wien.ac.at>.
230-
230 Login successful.
---> SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd incoming
---> CWD incoming
250 Directory successfully changed.
ftp> put Rigroup_0.80.0.tar.gz
---> TYPE I
200 Switching to Binary mode.
ftp: setsockopt (ignored): Permission denied
---> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (137,208,57,37,223,191)
---> STOR Rigroup_0.80.0.tar.gz
553 Could not create file.
ftp>

Any ideas?