[Rd] libtrio

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Wed Apr 26 00:07:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I usually compile R-devel tarball every few days (just to check if I can do
it and check for any compile errors).  As of two days ago, I am receiving
the following error:

gcc  -O3 -I. -DWIN32 -D_X86_  -c xdr_mem.c -o xdr_mem.o
ar crs libxdr.a xdr.o xdr_float.o xdr_stdio.o xdr_mem.o
make: *** ../extra/trio: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make[3]: *** [rlibs] Error 1
make[2]: *** [../../bin/R.dll] Error 2
make[1]: *** [rbuild] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andyj/R-devel/src/gnuwin32'
make: *** [distribution] Error 2

Looking at the Makefile in R-devel/src/gnuwin32 reveals that it wants to
compile a library libtrio.a, but sources for it are missing from the
R-devel/src/extra directory.

I am on the Win2000 machine with all the necessary tools installed and up
to date (I just compiled 2.3.0-patched dated 4-24).  I checked the
"Building R for Windows" site and there is no mention there of anything
called trio.  The latest version of 2.4.0 I tried is r37919 dated 4-24.

This of course is of no great urgency for me as I do not use the R-devel
version for "real work".  I am just curious what libtrio is good for.

Andy

Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory