[Rd] Buliding a package (on Windows) does not produce libs directory

Ales Ziberna aleszib at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:57:02 CET 2005

Dear expeRts!

I have produced a package and I would like to compile it on windows to build
a binary package. The package also includes Fortran code. This is where I
have problems.

The package compiles fine, however the Fortran code seams to be ignored. I
have the Fortran code in src subdirectory. I have all the compilers
installed. Actually, if I compile the Fortran subroutines manually and then
place them in the libs subdirectory (which I have to create) in the zip
file, the package loads nicely and the Fortran subroutines can be used.

At the bottom of the mail is the output I get when calling R CMD build (if I
call install the result is similar).

I apologize if this has been answered previously, since I have not found it.

C:\Ales\Statistika>R CMD build --binary --docs="none" blockmodeling
* checking for file 'blockmodeling/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'blockmodeling':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
* checking for empty directories
* building binary distribution
 WARNING
* some HTML links may not be found
installing R.css in C:/TEMP/Rinst.1696

Using auto-selected zip options ' blockmodeling-HELP=ziponly'

---------- Making package blockmodeling ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
  installing man source files
  installing indices
  preparing package blockmodeling for lazy loading
  adding MD5 sums

packaged installation of package 'blockmodeling' as blockmodeling_0.1.0.zip
* DONE (blockmodeling)