[Rd] Best configure options for Data Mining
daniele at medri.org
Mon May 23 09:33:04 CEST 2005
I am selecting configure-options for Data Mining applications with R,
notes that guide a user from SVN repository to system compilation on
GNU/Linux system ("gcc" as compiler).
* My system specs:
- processor Intel 2.8Ghz HT
- kernel Linux 2.6.10-5-686-smp
- ram 1500 Mbyte
* Dataset to use:
- ~900 Mbyte of text file
* R from svn repository (daily updated)
* Installed libs:
* Configure options now:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-blas --with-lapack --enable-linux-lfs
--with-zlib --with-bzlib --with-pcre --with-gnu-ld
1. after configure execution, I read that my compilation will be with
lapack generic. Could I have a better option for that?
2. any good option to add/remove from configure arguments?
3. could I gain better result re-compiling the installed libs or kernel?
If true, benchmarks justify the time spent?
4. ways for benchmarking builds?
Thanks for your gentle answers.
More information about the R-devel