[Rd] Building R for windows tools link

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu May 12 09:38:40 CEST 2005

Gregor GORJANC <gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si> writes:

> > As the front page says
> >
> > `This site is intended as an intermediate repository for more or less
> > finalized ideas and plans for the R statistical system.'
> >
> > What exactly is unclear about that?  How to build current R is not part
> > of the development of R.
>
> Nothing is unclear. I still think that building is part of the development.
> I'm sure that R-devils, uups I meant R-devels, don't want to develop
> something that is not buildable. Anyway, lets end with this disscussion. I
> will remember that mentioned link is in R-admin manual.

Just to be clear: The point is that the developer site was never
intended as being complete and polished, and nobody wants to commit to
making it so. It was set up for things like preliminary white papers
which were too large to handle as part of regular email traffic within
R Core, plus some items that we kept needing to remind ourselves
(and some others) about. It is open to the public, but it is not a
service.