[Rd] Building R for windows tools link

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Thu May 12 09:02:38 CEST 2005

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2005, Gregor GORJANC wrote:
>
>> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>>> Are you saying that it is given incorrectly?  I can't see it.
>>> That site is for the development of R, not for users building R, so it
>>> does not seem appropriate to link from there.
>>
>> No, it isn't given incorrectly. I was surprised that it isn't there. I
>> agree to some point with you, but building R is probably also part of the
>> development.
>

> As the front page says
>
> `This site is intended as an intermediate repository for more or less
> finalized ideas and plans for the R statistical system.'
>
> What exactly is unclear about that?  How to build current R is not part
> of the development of R.

Nothing is unclear. I still think that building is part of the development.
I'm sure that R-devils, uups I meant R-devels, don't want to develop
something that is not buildable. Anyway, lets end with this disscussion. I
will remember that mentioned link is in R-admin manual.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty        URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department     mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                   tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale             fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia, Europe