[Rd] trouble building r-devel

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 22 08:32:33 CET 2005

Mark.Bravington at csiro.au wrote:

> Thanks Seth (and Duncan)-- the murdoch-sutherland page seems to fix
> everything. The slimmed-down INSTALL file in R-devel src gnuwin32
> doesn't refer to the page-- it might be good to add a reference.

Mark,

I disagree.
This "slimmed-down" file points you to the thorough Chapter "Installing
R under Windows" in the "`R Installation and Administration' manual in
the doc/manual directory". Quite at the top of Section "Building from
source" there is the Subsection "Getting the tools".

I think we do NOT want to point people to Duncan's page at first, or
they would not read the more comprehensive manual any more.

Uwe