[Rd] Computer algebra in R - would that be an idea??

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:27:39 CEST 2005

On 7/17/05, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 17 July 2005 at 20:55, Ayal Pinkus wrote:
> | > R builds fine under Windows (though you need to pay attention to
> [...]
> | Ok. Unfortunately I work on a Mac OS X at home (I have access to
> | Windows, MS DevStudio
>
> Why didn't you say so earlier? :)
>
> I don't do Mac OS X, so can't help. There is a special interest group
> r-sig-mac with its own mailing list -- ask there. But several R Core members
> develop on Mac OS X as well so it seem fair to infer that it is possible.
>
> | If I understood correctly you go the COM route for integration on
> | Windows?
>
> I doubt that.

Actually, via addon packages, COM support is very good in R.  In fact there
are two different roughly comparable packages that provide COM support
(both client and server).  I have used the client package of both and they both
seem to work well.

1. rcom at:
  http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom/download/
which also has its own mailing list: