[Rd] C++ <-> R mapping

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:48:21 CEST 2005

Following my previous post and the intuitive adivces of Duncan Murdoch, I
would like to ask some questions regarding C++ to R mapping.

Initially, it appeared to me that in order to perform this mapping, the
existing object-oriented design of R would be a good choice. This could
include both the S3 and S4 classes approaches. However, there were replies
about some 'other' approaches. I would appreciate it if someone could
explaines these other tenchiques. Please note that this C++ ro R mapping
should be:

(1) automated -- so there is no manual contribution

(2) able to handle of the order of (at least) 10^3 methods efficiently

Thanks.