[Rd] Enhanced version of plot.lm()

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 26 07:44:26 CEST 2005

The web page http://wwwmaths.anu.edu.au/~johnm/r/plot-lm/
now includes files:
plot.lm.RData: Image for file for plot6.lm, a version of plot.lm in
which
   David Firth's Cook's distance vs leverage/(1-leverage) plot is plot 6.
   The tick labels are in units of leverage, and the contour labels are
   in units of absolute values of the standardized residual.

plot6.lm.Rd file: A matching help file

Comments will be welcome.

Another issue, discussed recently on r-help, is that when the model
formula is long, the default sub.caption=deparse(x$call) is broken
into multiple text elements and overwrites.  The only clean and
simple way that I can see to handle is to set a default that tests
whether the formula is broken into multiple text elements, and if it is
then omit it.  Users can then use their own imaginative skills, and
such suggestions as have been made on r-help, to construct
whatever form of labeling best suits their case, their imaginative
skills and their coding skills.

John Maindonald.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Bioinformation Science, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.