[Rd] First testing of R-2.0.0 alpha on Gentoo Linux

M. Edward Borasky znmeb at aracnet.com
Tue Sep 7 01:23:30 CEST 2004

I just got R-2.0.0 alpha running on my Gentoo Linux system. The only
issue I had was that if I do "--with-lapack" in the "configure", "make
check" fails very early. Once I removed that option, "make check-all"
passed. I have both "blas-atlas" and "lapack-atlas" installed on my
system. The Atlas version is 3.6.0.

There were a few warnings in the logs of "make check-all". Does anyone
want to see the log files? I'm going to go ahead and test 2.0.0 with
some of the simple things I do. I don't do anything very complicated
with it, so it may not shake out anything. If there's anything
Gentoo-specific you want me to run, please let me know. I'm on the
Gentoo "science" mailing list and I can get their attention fairly
easily.