[Rd] error in plot.dendrogram (PR#7300)

wolski at molgen.mpg.de wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Oct 21 16:52:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

First. If you should not do it like you write here. You will get an
error loading the rda file. It is a binary format.

Error in load(dFile) : input has been corrupted, with LF replaced by CR

Hence, you should specify mode="wb" for downloading binary formats.

Try this code.

file.remove("hres.rda")

dFile <- paste(getwd(),"/hres.rda",sep="")
if(!file.exists(dFile))
    download.file(url ="http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~wolski/hres.rda", dest= dFile,mode="wb")
load(dFile)

hresd
plot(hresd)

In one think you are right, the X axis. But there is an ERROR.

On my Machine (see previous mail) not the complete dendrogram is drawn.
It just draws the first 100 leavs out of 380 when I run
Second.  Even if I increase the size of the window maximally the
dendrogram is not plotted.
And I checked it just again on a linux box. And it does not work there
either.

How the dendrogram should look like you can figure out looking at the
following.

hclustObj <- paste(getwd(),"/hress.rda",sep="")
if(!file.exists(dFile))
    download.file(url ="http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~wolski/hress.rda", dest= hclustObj ,mode="wb")
load(dFile)

hress
plot(hress)

hressd<-as.dendrogram(hress)
plot(hressd)

Third. I have expected this comment about if it is meaningfull or not.
 First for what I need it is it meaningfull. Second it is a valid
dendrogram generated by as.dendrogram from a vaild hclust object. I do
not need a plot routine which teaches me what she thinks is meaningfull
or not.

/E

--
Dipl. bio-chem. Witold Eryk Wolski