[Rd] "R CMD check" with R 2.0.0

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 15:55:41 CEST 2004

G'day all,

I am not sure whether I should file this as a bug report, but I
thought that I should make the developers of R aware of the following
feature:

I have just installed R 2.0.0 and when I run "R CMD check" on the
source of some packages, I noticed that the XXX-examples.ps file
contains one page with two graphics overlaid.  This seems to happen
when the first graphic is produced that uses the lattice() package.
I.e. as long as the examples use non-lattice graphics command, each
graphic is on its own page; the first graphic produced by a lattice
command (well, xyplot each time in the packages tested) is put on the
same page as the last graphic, after this, each graphic is again on a
page off its own regardless of whether it was produced by a lattice
graphics command or a non-lattice graphics command.

Cheers,

        Berwin

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i686-pc-linux-gnu
 arch = i686
 os = linux-gnu
 system = i686, linux-gnu
 status =
 major = 2
 minor = 0.0
 year = 2004
 month = 10
 day = 04
 language = R

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:stats, package:graphics,
 package:grDevices, package:utils, package:datasets, Autoloads,
 package:base