[Rd] \link{} to help pages in Debian

Iago Mosqueira imosqueira at suk.azti.es
Mon Nov 29 09:41:03 CET 2004

Hello,

In my Debian 3.0 systems, packages are installed in two different
places, namely /usr/lib/R/library and /usr/local/lib/R/site-library,
depending on whether they come from debian packages or CRAN ones. Help
pages for my own packages, installed in the second location, cannot find
help pages from, for example, the base package via \link{}. I also tried
specifying the package with \link[pkg]{page}.

Is the only solution to force the system to use a single library folder?
Can I force the help system to look in both places?

Thanks

Iago Mosqueira