[Rd] Loading libraries in 2.0.0 (PR#7364)

paul.louisell at pw.utc.com paul.louisell at pw.utc.com
Fri Nov 12 23:26:26 CET 2004

I'm using version 2.0.0 of R on a Windows 2000 OS. Packages that I installed
in 1.9.1 are not installing properly in 2.0.0. Specifically, I can install
packages from local zip files with the following code (which I execute
through the GUI):

> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]),
.libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)
updating HTML package descriptions
> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]),
.libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)
updating HTML package descriptions

The packages do show up in the html help files after installing them. But
the packages won't load when I use the library command:

> library(repeated)
Error in library(repeated) : 'repeated' is not a valid package -- installed
< 2.0.0?

Moreover, the package also shows up when I use the 'help' parameter in the
library command:

> library(help=repeated)

A window with the list of functions in package repeated appears. Has anyone
else had problems with this? I couldn't find anything in the Changes file
for 2.0.0 that looked like it would be responsible for this.

Thanks for your help with this,

Paul Louisell
Statistician
Pratt & Whitney