problem with tcltk under Windows (was [Rd] RE: [R] one more Rcmdrproblem)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at
Thu Nov 4 15:56:20 CET 2004

This is known and we believe already fixed, so please try a beta of 2.0.1,

[BTW, the header is wrong, this is R-2.0.1 beta, not patch.]

Or just don't use Ctrl-C ....

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Thomas Ruf wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'd like to use Rcmdr for teaching purposes but still have problems
> trying to use it under Windows XP. Everything works fine up to several
> minutes but then Rcmdr and R completely crash the second I hit a button
> or key. This indeed looks like a problem with tcltk. It is not any
> particular button or key that causes the crash, but using Ctrl+C to copy
> something to the clipboard seem the most 'reliable' cause. I tried this
> on 4 different PCs all under Windows XP (home or prof.), SP1. I did
> download and reinstall R 2.0.0, RCmdr and required packages on Nov. 1,
> 2004, but that didn't help either. Are there any new insights into these
> problems?
> Best regards,
> Thomas

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at
Professor of Applied Statistics,