[Rd] Delay of 1.9.0

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Mar 25 23:46:43 CET 2004

As you may have noticed, cran.us.r-project.org has been down for a
while due to a security incident. This is the same machine that
carries the R source repository. The R sources appear to be
uncompromised, but we have had to move developer logins and everything
to another machine, with various configuration issues to sort out.

The upshot is that there is currently no way of doing the automatic
beta snapshots (I can build them, but not easily ship them since the
webservice has been shut down.) None of this is unfixable, but the
release manager (i.e., me) is travelling next week, and it is not
likely that we have things ready before I fly away Saturday morning.

In consequence, it is not possible to stick with our planned release
on April 4th. I expect a delay of about a week, but we haven't
discussed it in R-core yet and Easter is kicking in.