[Rd] Rd - \preformatted, \section and LaTeX problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 12:31:23 MET 2004

I believe this is already corrected in 1.9.0 alpha, but your example is
actually invalid (it has unbalanced braces).

This syntactically correct example works in 1.9.0 alpha, but not in 1.8.1.

\name{Example}
\alias{Example}
\keyword{documentation}
\title{Example}
\description{
  Example
\preformatted{
  No problems here!
}
}
\section{A section}{
  \preformatted{
    \end{verbatim}\end{Section}
  }
}

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have found an unwanted feature in the Rd to LaTeX convertion
> regarding \preformatted inside a \section. I have created an Rd
> example below, which generates an error in the following 'R CMD check'
> step
>
>  * creating aroma.affine-manual.tex ... OK
>  * checking aroma.affine-manual.tex ... ERROR
>  LaTeX errors when creating DVI version.
>  This typically indicates Rd problems.
>
> I believe the Rd code itself explains the details, the reasons, and
> the work around. Should it be reported as a bug?

Only if you have tested it on the current alpha.