[Rd] Packages of snippets? (was: A way to list only variables or functions?)

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:43:32 CEST 2004

> For an example of how this might work check out the code
> samples (snippets) for the Lua language on their wiki at:
>
>    http://lua-users.org/wiki/SampleCode
>
> Actually there is already an R wiki at:
>
>    http://fawn.unibw-hamburg.de/cgi-bin/Rwiki.pl?RwikiHome
>
> however, no one seems to use it.  If a critical mass were to
> post some code snippets it might get off the ground.

  Just to add another system to the pile of snippet-libraries, there's
http://www.zopelabs.com/ , which is a 'cookbook' site of 'recipes' for
Zope. Its a categorised submission system with comments and ratings
given by the other users. A bit less free-form and hence less chaotic
than a (poorly-managed) wiki.

  The source code is available, but I've not played with it (yet). Its
not that active.

Baz