[Rd] Cannot Restore Workspace with R 1.9.1 (PR#7012)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 23 10:54:13 CEST 2004

stefan.albrecht at allianz.com wrote:
> Full_Name: Stefan Albrecht
> Version: 1.9.1
> OS: Windows NT 4.0
> Submission from: (NULL) (194.127.2.73)
>

> Hi  all,
>
> upgrading to R 1.9.1 I am no longer able to restore saved data in .RData with
> after some involved data manipulations and calculations (fatal error!).
> In addition I get the message
> Error: object 'family' not found whilst loading namespace 'MASS'.

[not CCing to r-bugs, because quite probably not a bug ...]

He? Why does MASS load when you try to load a workspace?

Anyway, it sounds like you have mixed different R installations (in
particular one that is older than R-1.9.0 and R-1.9.1) or at least you
have outdated packages in your libraries.
Moreover, you may have some self edited startup stuff (like loading
MASS in any RProfile file???).

It would help us to know what you did exactly ...

Uwe Ligges