[Rd] Wish list

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Jan 19 00:13:08 MET 2004

Fernando Henrique Ferraz <feferraz at ime.usp.br> writes:

> A.J. Rossini writes:
>> That's my point.  Maintainance is critical, and any time spent on
>> systems administration (systems in the generic sense, here it's
>> bug-tracking) is less time spent on other more useful, or interesting,
>> or high-payoff items.
>>
>> I'm probably not the only one who wished Peter had more time for other
>> things...
>>

>         I agree that it would  probably take some time to set up the new system,
> and maintaince at the beggining would take time too. On the other hand I believe
> that the  producitivy gain fostered by the new system on the long term  could perhaps
> counterbalance the initial effort. The main effort would be setting up the new
> system and handdling accounts to the package mantainers, after that, most of it
> would be left to the users of the system. I don't have much experience with
> administrating the Bugzilla system yet but I'm installing in my box and will post
> my experiences to the list.

Excellent!  It would be great to have a place to track bugs for
packages.  Best of luck!

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}