[Rd] Script editor for Windows GUI

Chris Jackson chris.jackson at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 18:42:01 MET 2004

Philippe Grosjean wrote:

>Chris,
>
>I don't know what you already did or not, but there is an excellent starting
>basis for an editor, and it is independent from graphapp, very powerful, and
>very easy to use (and stable!), it is called CodeMax
>(http://www.winmain.com). There is both a dll and a COM version (I believe
>the dll version is best here). Of course, this is in case a Windows-specific
>version is desired for RGui.

I've been using the graphapp stuff that's already there, which is out of
date, and not very tidy or flexible, but it does this (simple) job.

CodeMax sounds nice for code editing, but wouldn't there be a problem
with using proprietary tools to develop R?  I see they allow you to
freely redistribute the DLL with an application you develop using it.
But anyone who wanted to hack on the resulting application would need to
buy a licence, so I wouldn't see R developers accepting this.

Chris

--
Christopher Jackson <chris.jackson at imperial.ac.uk>, Research Associate,
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College