[Rd] Possible error in ?axTicks

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Thu Feb 19 16:45:04 MET 2004

Hi all,

Before posting to r-bugs, I thought that I would just verify this one
first.

It looks like the help for axTicks() needs to be corrected.

It presently says:

'axTicks()' can be regarded as an R implementation  of the C function
'CreateAtVector()' in '..../src/main/graphics.c' which is called by
'axis(side,*)' when no argument 'at' is specified.

However, CreateAtVector() is actually in '..../src/main/plot.c' (line
684) instead. It is referenced in graphics.c.

In r-devel's plot.c, it is at line 691 in plot.c instead and the same
presumed error is in the r-devel version of the help for axTicks().

>From a review of older source tarballs, it appears that CreateAtVector()
appears circa R version 0.62 and was in plot.c at that time. If my read
of the source code is correct, it appears that CreateAtVector() either
supplements and/or replaces GPretty() and GLPretty(), which have been in
graphics.c, but I did not look too hard at that.

Let me know if you want me to post this one.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz