[Rd] Fixed width graphics font?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Feb 13 11:46:20 MET 2004

Duncan Murdoch <dmurdoch at pair.com> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:50:38 -0500, you wrote:
>

> >Is there any way to get a fixed width plot in graphs?  I want to put a text
> >matrix into a plot and this would make it easy.
>
> In the Windows device, fonts 10 and 11 are fixed width "Courier New".
> In general graphics devices don't have to supply such a font.

In particular, I don't think it is possible in the postscript and x11
devices (unless you switch the basic fonts in postscript). It
shouldn't be hard to add, though -- basically just add a Courier font
at font positions 6, and maybe continue with bold and oblique
variants. However, I wouldn't know whether any of what Paul has been
up to involves a more radical solution to font handling in general.