[Rd] trellis.device in .First (PR#6812)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Apr 23 04:03:25 CEST 2004

> From: dmurdoch at pair.com
>
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 01:29:18 +0200 (CEST), rmh at temple.edu wrote:
>
> >2. The old one.
> >
> >When no device has been opened, then q() cleanly closes R.
> >When a graphics device has been opened, and either is still
> open or was
> >manually closed, then q() hangs.  I need to kill it from the
> Windows Task
> >Manager.
>
> I don't see this.  Which device?  Does it happen if if you start R
> with the --vanilla option?
>
> Duncan Murdoch

I have not had the problem until we got `upgraded' from NT4 to XPPro.  (It's
the windows() device.  I have not tested others.)  As Rich said, it's an old
one, and apparently doesn't happen to everyone.  It was one of the reasons I
only use ESS basically for editing code, not for running R.

Best,
Andy