[Rd] CRAN scripts?

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 17:47:02 MET 2003

Thomas Lumley wrote:

> Though you might also want to look at Bioconductor's reposTools package,
> which is designed to manage packages with multiple repositories.

Is there any chance of a CVS repository for public but not necessarily
CRAN-quality R Code? Or better still, a sourceforge-type site (ForgeRy?)
based on GForge with all the goodies that such sites have for
cooperative development (forums, task management, bug tracking etc). I
already have a couple of projects on sourceforge but I think its a bit
daunting for new people. Perhaps an R-specific forge site would be more
welcoming?

  Or even better better still, an entire web-based R community site,
with discussions and news and code snippets and words of wisdom
something like www.perlmonks.org?

  I'll be at DSC2003 if anyone wants to beat me senseless with a tree
for suggesting this.

Baz