[Rd] CRAN scripts?

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 4 12:42:12 MET 2003

> maintainers to generate the PACKAGES file, and to generate PACKAGES.html
> from PACKAGES.  Are those something that could be made available?  Or
> do people think that I should bite the bullet and submit my packages to
> CRAN instead?

You might want to take a peak at the 'reposTools' package distributed by
the Bioconductor project (www.bioconductor.org).  Specifically, take a
look at the three vignettes about reposTools at:
http://www.bioconductor.org/viglistingindex.html

One of the vignettes details how to construct a small repository of
packages.

There are HTML generation tools provided by the package if you wish to
distribute your packages via the web.  Also, why the standard
install.packages()/etc don't work with a reposTools repository it does
include its own set of client side functions XXX.packages2(), which are
detailed in the vignette on accessing repositories.

The package itself can be downloaded from the site, either in it's
released version:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.1/package/html/index.html
or developmental version:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/html/index.html