[Rd] System slow down (PR#3668)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 17:13:40 MEST 2003

Don't submit *two* bug reports as a question.  That's not what R-bugs is
for, rather R-help.  And it is never necessary to send a report twice.

The answer to your question is that no one else has reported a change, and
with XP Pro no one here has a problem.  I can suggest you look into your
antivirus software, as there is a known problem with XP auto-update and
most virus checking.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk