[Rd] Apology for not enough protection of new R-devel

Martin Maechler Martin Maechler <maechler@stat.math.ethz.ch>
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:35:12 +0100

Dear R-devel subscribers,

I'm feeling quite sheepish at the moment:
When I had activated the change from majordomo to mailman this
morning, I accidentally didn't activate the spam(+some virus)
detection part.  I've only activated it half an hour ago.

Indeed there were twos message of the following kind sent from
R-devel -- I did never seem them personally, because we *do*
filtering of these.
It seems they are Javascript-based viruses (see some info below).
In any case, I apologize and very much hope that this won't
happen (as easily) again.

Yours,
Martin Maechler <maechler@stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><