[Rd] Samples of external code with various compilers?

Mark.Bravington@csiro.au Mark.Bravington@csiro.au
Mon Dec 2 00:57:03 2002

Documentation for other languages would be great. Perhaps a web page
referred to in the manual would be most appropriate, as that avoids the need
for the R team to have to vet advice concerning languages they neither know
nor care about.

I'd be happy to contribute some examples for Delphi-- a wonderfully
well-organized Pascal-derived language that works on Windows and Linux
(Intel platforms only).

Although I merrily and perpetually write Delphi functions invoked via .C, I
haven't completely figured out how to Delphi-fy the  headers that would be
needed if I wanted to write .Call functions. I almost had this going at some
point-- I did write an automatic header translator in 2001 that seemed to
produce something sensible for the (rather nasty) S6 header files-- but have
lost the thread since then. Would anyone else be interested in having a
Delphi unit that provides matches for the R header files? Would this be
useful for a web page?

cheers
Mark

Mark Bravington