[Rd] postscript problem (PR#1147)
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:37:43 +0200 (CEST)
> I reported this earlier, and have got reports that others have the same
> promlem on UNIX machines, so it is not only a windows problem
> S I file a bug report.
> The function (boot.stat) given at the end produces a postscript file,
> which cannot be included correctly in LaTeX. Specifically,
> the image in LaTeX (when translated by dvips to postscript)
> becomes very small, not using the bounding box, and turned on its head!
I tested this. There is definitely something wrong with the
PostScript output. The first command that is called that does
something in the graphics state is 'cl', and this command starts
with a 'grestore'. So, there is a call to 'grestore' in the
PostScipt file that was not preceeded by a call to 'gsave'. The
result is the undoing of a 'gsave' in the embedding code.
I compared the PostScript code to the code that was generated
with another graphic that didn't cause any problemns. Seems that
what is missing in the defective code is a call to 'bp' at the
start. Inserting this command before the first call to 'cl'
fixes the problem.
Why 'bp' is missing is something someone else should figure out.
r-devel mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: firstname.lastname@example.org