[R] R 3.3.1 is released
pd.mes at cbs.dk
Tue Jun 21 10:06:45 CEST 2016
The build system rolled up R-3.3.1.tar.gz (codename "Bug in Your Hair") this morning.
The list below details the changes in this release.
You can get the source code from
or wait for it to be mirrored at a CRAN site nearer to you.
Binaries for various platforms will appear in due course.
For the R Core Team,
These are the md5sums for the freshly created files, in case you wish
to check that they are uncorrupted:
MD5 (AUTHORS) = eb97a5cd38acb1cfc6408988bffef765
MD5 (COPYING) = eb723b61539feef013de476e68b5c50a
MD5 (COPYING.LIB) = a6f89e2100d9b6cdffcea4f398e37343
MD5 (FAQ) = 1f3efdc0790126ceef40a14f8f70af83
MD5 (INSTALL) = 3964b9119adeaab9ceb633773fc94aac
MD5 (NEWS) = 2fa93210e18cc0e20b0636480ee283ff
MD5 (NEWS.0) = bfcd7c147251b5474d96848c6f57e5a8
MD5 (NEWS.1) = eb78c4d053ec9c32b815cf0c2ebea801
MD5 (NEWS.2) = 8e2f4d1d5228663ae598a09bf1e2bc6b
MD5 (R-latest.tar.gz) = f50a659738b73036e2f5635adbd229c5
MD5 (README) = aece1dfbd18c1760128c3787f5456af6
MD5 (RESOURCES) = 529223fd3ffef95731d0a87353108435
MD5 (THANKS) = f80d02e7ba9729a927e1c9cf7b435b32
MD5 (VERSION-INFO.dcf) = 5b73f37889f8a3f1d2dd5cbc8d309b93
MD5 (R-3/R-3.3.1.tar.gz) = f50a659738b73036e2f5635adbd229c5
This is the relevant part of the NEWS file
CHANGES IN R 3.3.1:
* R CMD INSTALL and hence install.packages() gave an internal error
installing a package called description from a tarball on a
case-insensitive file system.
* match(x, t) (and hence x %in% t) failed when x was of length one,
and either character and x and t only differed in their Encoding
or when x and t where complex with NAs or NaNs. (PR#16885.)
* unloadNamespace(ns) also works again when ns is a 'namespace', as
* rgamma(1,Inf) or rgamma(1, 0,0) no longer give NaN but the
* length(baseenv()) is correct now.
* pretty(d, ..) for date-time d rarely failed when "halfmonth" time
steps were tried (PR#16923) and on 'inaccurate' platforms such as
32-bit windows or a configuration with --disable-long-double; see
comment #15 of PR#16761.
* In text.default(x, y, labels), the rarely(?) used default for
labels is now correct also for the case of a 2-column matrix x
and missing y.
* as.factor(c(a = 1L)) preserves names() again as in R < 3.1.0.
* strtrim("", 0) now works.
* Use of Ctrl-C to terminate a reverse incremental search started
by Ctrl-R in the readline-based Unix terminal interface is now
supported for readline >= 6.3 (Ctrl-G always worked). (PR#16603)
* diff(<difftime>) now keeps the "units" attribute, as subtraction
already did, PR#16940.
More information about the R-announce