R/Finance 2009: Applied Finance with R -- Call for Papers

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 19 20:52:28 CET 2008

    Call for Papers

    The Finance Department of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC),
    the International Center for Futures and Derivatives at UIC, and
    members of the R finance community are pleased to announce

    R/Finance 2009: Applied Finance with R

    on April 24 and 25, 2009, in Chicago, IL, USA

    Confirmed keynote speakers include:

       Patrick Burns (Burns Statistics)
       David Kane (Kane Capital)
       Roger Koenker (U of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign)
       David Ruppert (Cornell)
       Diethelm Wuertz (ETH Zürich)
       Eric Zivot (U of Washington)

    We invite all users of R in Finance to submit one-page abstracts or
    complete papers (in txt/pdf/doc format). We encourage papers both on
    academic research topics and related to use of R by Finance practitioners.

    Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide working R code to accompany
    the presentation/paper.  Datasets need not be made public.

    Please send submissions to committee at RinFinance.com.
    The submission deadline is January 31st, 2009.
    Submissions will be evaluated and submitters notified via email
    on a rolling basis.

    Additional details about the conference will be announced as available.

    For the program committee:
       Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, John Miller,
       Brian Peterson, Dale Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan