R News Volume 2/1

Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 8 16:56:39 CET 2002

We have just published the fourth issue of R News on

where you can download the newsletter as PDF or postscript file. It
will propagate to the CRAN mirrors within a day or two.

This is the first special issue of R News, with an emphasis on
applying R in medical statistics.  It is special in many ways: first,
it took longer to prepare than we had originally antipicated (which
typically seems to happen for special issues).  Second, the newsletter
file is rather large as there are many exciting images---in fact, in
trying to keep the size reasonable, in some cases images are only
included at a lower resolution, with the ``real stuff'' available from
the respective authors' web pages.  And finally, articles are fewer
but longer: as many of the applications described are based on recent
advances in medical technology, we felt that extra space with
background information was warranted.

Reading foreign files
Maximally selected rank statistics in R.
Quality control and early diagnostics for cDNA microarrays.
AnalyzeFMRI: An R package for the exploration and analysis of MRI and
  fMRI datasets.
Using R for the analysis of DNA microarray data.
Changes in R
Changes on CRAN

which makes a total of 41 pages.

For the editorial board,
Fritz Leisch

                        Friedrich  Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071      Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch