R 1.2.1 (beta) for Macintosh
stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Fri Jan 19 18:17:02 CET 2001
Macintosh binaries and sources have been updated to R-1.2.1
You can find them at
Please remember that this is still at a developer stage. Feedback and
interactions with other Macintosh developer is warmly welcome.
Macintosh-specific changes to R
* help.start() has been implemented. Now R for MacOS calls the
standard HTML browser to visualize the HTML help and manuals.
* getenv() in now working. The .Renviron file is assumed to be in
"etc" directory. Directory "etc" is assumed to contain the history
file, the image session and the environments variables
* a command line has been added. It is possible to specify options as
in the Unix/Win implementations. If you don't want to specify
options, simply type return after starting R aplication.
* InfoZip code has been included in this version. Help files are now
stored in zipped archive to save disk space.
* packages have been recompiled and few other bugs fixed
r-announce mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-announce-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-announce