New version 0.61.1
Peter Dalgaard BSA
p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Jan 11 17:47:07 CET 1998
The R core team proudly presents:
I've just rolled together a new patch release.
It's available from the Auckland repository now, but please do not get
it from there unless you are in a terrible hurry. It should find its
way to the main CRAN site in Vienna this evening and then to the rest
of the CRAN sites.
There's also a patch file, R-0.61-0.61.1.diff.gz, which you can apply
to an existing R-0.61 tree. Note that the proper patch procedure is as
follows -- assuming that your current working directory is the top
directory of R-0.61 and the patch file is in the parent directory.
gzip -dc ../R-0.61-0.61.1.diff.gz | patch -E -p1
or on most installations, equivalently
zcat ../R-0.61-0.61.1.diff.gz | patch -E -p1
The above requires that you have GNU "patch" installed. At least one
system (Solaris) ships with a different "patch", which exhibits some
annoying bits of braindamage. If you want to use it, you're on your
I removed changes to the file src/main/gram.c from the patchfile,
because they amounted almost two thirds of the patchfile and the file
is automatically generated from src/main/gram.y anyway.
A few systems may not have a parser generator installed, and for the
benefit of those, I've also put up a R-0.61-0.61.1.diff.w.gram.c.gz
file. Note that you may need a "touch src/main/gram.c" to prevent
"make" from trying to rebuild it.
Here's the list of changes relative to 0.61 (from the CHANGES file):
CHANGES IN R VERSION 0.61.1
o None (by definition, x.y.z releases are bugfix releases now)
o Return statements of the form return(x,y) will now return
a list with named components.
o Parsing of nested "if" statments was broken. This is fixed now.
(Reported by Paul Gilbert).
o Wrong declaration of ConsoleBufCnt in src/main/scan.c caused crash
in Irix (George White <gwhite at bodnext.bio.dfo.ca>)
o if(nmatch = 0) bug in src/main/character.c fixed (Doug Bates)
o R_alloc/S_alloc fixes. The former allocated 4 times more than
needed, the latter zeroed half of what it got, sizeof() mistakes
in both cases.
o c(ordered factor) caused segfault (uninitalised pointer), now
o behaviour of as.numeric() on factors changed recently; now
o model.matrix() now pays attention to the names on its dataframe
o Fixes to group methods.
o autoload() caused infinite loop if function wasn't found in
library on loading
o The pager ate the rest of stdin in batch mode, now fixed. Also,
stdout was not flushed before call to system(). "make tests"
should work now.
o Empty directories now created by configure (so that it doesn't
matter that "CVS export" doesn't do it)
o as.name() made idempotent (i.e. if is.name(x) then as.name(x)==x)
o 3 problems with glm, 2 in glm.fit and a one in print.glm fixed
o binomial (family) now works when 'n=0'. [J.Lindsey]
o split() now also works in split(1:10,1:2)
o strsplit() now also works for strsplit(c,NULL)
o A LANG='..' environment variable no longer affects scan()ing of
o seq(.) doesn't segfault anymore in gl(2,3):gl(1,6)
o contour(.) now also works with integer arguments
O__ ---- Peter Dalgaard Blegdamsvej 3
c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics 2200 Cph. N
(*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen Denmark Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk) FAX: (+45) 35327907
r-announce mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: r-announce-request at stat.math.ethz.ch
More information about the R-announce