[ESS] Displaying R plots within an Emacs buffer

Stephen J Eglen @je30 @end|ng |rom m@th@@c@m@@c@uk
Mon Mar 25 11:21:26 CET 2024

> - I works perfectly for me in two different machines (both running
> Debian and Emacs 29.2.50)

Thanks for confirming.

> - Maybe I am not understanding
> https://github.com/sje30/ess-unigd#adjust-to-size-of-buffer--dynamically-update
> , but resize of image (on changing frame and window sizes) happens
> automagically for me.
>
> - The only minor thing is that, for some reason, the svg is shown in
> Fundamental mode (if I find-file other svgs, they are shown as images
> directly); I guess it is something with my setup. revert-buffer solves
> it.

The code that you have currently just uses the default aspect ratio that
httpgd() provides, i.e. 720x576 pixels.  The images will rescale as you
change the buffer, but the aspect ratio won't change.

I've got it now working locally so that the aspect ratio is the same
size as the window that you use to view the svg.  This I think is more
flexible.