[ESS] Prevent new buffer for help from point

Julian M. Burgos ju||@n@burgo@ @end|ng |rom h@|ogv@tn@|@
Tue Feb 11 10:16:03 CET 2020

Ok, so I managed to get rid of the problem.  For me the issue was caused by one of the company-frontends (probably interacting with some other component of my setup).  I used to have these:

(setq company-frontends
      	  '(company-pseudo-tooltip-unless-just-one-frontend
          	    company-preview-frontend
	              company-echo-metadata-frontend))

I replaced them for this:

(setq company-frontends '(company-pseudo-tooltip-frontend
                          company-echo-metadata-frontend))

And now things are working fine.  The help file only gets open if I press F1 (and not automatically after a few seconds).

Of course, I do not undertand *why* things got fixed.  But I can live with that. :)

Cheers,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnun, rannsókna- og ráðgjafarstofnun hafs og vatna/