[ESS] Slowness problem for the chunk evaluation

Laurent ESS laurentESS at free.fr
Tue Feb 28 19:43:52 CET 2017

Dear ESS-Help list,

     When I use the shortcut M-n C-M-x to evaluate a chunk, the work is
very, very slow, line after line. When I use C-c C-b to evaluate a
buffer, it works very swift and it is also the case when I use C-c C-c
in a function for example.

I find that very annoying because the chunk evaluation is a very
convenient way to work.

I work with ess version 15-09 (I use one of the Vincent Goulet's GNU
emacs distribution).

Thank you for any pointers to find a solution

Laurent

---