[ESS] M-n s is undefined

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 13 18:05:45 CEST 2016

Chris,

I was stumped by this for a bit.

In polymode terms: "exporting" is generating the final PDF.  "weaving" is
generating the latex document which is later turned into the pdf.  For you
application you want "export"

So do
  M-n e
then you get asked "Choose exporter:". This is where I was stumped.  Where
are my choices, and there is no default? Solution: press TAB and you'll see
a list of options.  I choose Rmarkdown.  Then you get asked "Export To:",
again press TAB to see choices and you want pdf

This only has to be done once per document.  If you want to re-do your
selection do
  M-e E
then you get asked the first of the two questions "Choose exporter". The
second question you get asked when you try to run
  M-n e
again.

(Comment: seems like it might be nice to have a quicker way to switch
output format, I could see myself switching that)

Result: a preview PDF inside of Emacs in my setup.

Seems pretty easy, except for the part where I have to press TAB which is
kind of obvious, but also was unexpected.

Best,
Kasper