[ESS] company-mode

Vitalie Spinu @p|nuv|t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 21 16:39:58 CEST 2015

You need to look into grouped company grouped backends.

Something along the following:

 (setq-local company-backends
    (append '((company-dabbrev-code company-R-args company-R-objects))
             company-backends))

Don't forget to

  (setq ess-use-company nil)

to avoid the "user-friendliness" of ESS.

BTW, my personal preference is to use M-/ as a complementary tool to auto
completion. I think squeezing all the tools into one key is rather inefficient.

  Viitalie