[ESS] company-mode

Henric Winell n||@@on@henr|c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 21 13:16:19 CEST 2015

Den 2015-10-20 kl. 19:02, skrev Vitalie Spinu:

> R company backends ask the process for completions. If you haven't
> evaluated summm you won't have it.

I see.  I switched from auto-complete, which works out of the box here
(and so does RStudio), so I was a bit surprised.

> You can always add company-dabbrev in front of local company-backends
> list to fix this.

Thanks!  I tried the following

(defun company-ess-setup ()
   (setq-local company-backends
               (append '(company-dabbrev) company-backends)))
(add-hook 'ess-mode-hook 'company-ess-setup)

Is this what you had in mind?  I mean, it sort of works, but the popup
is lost and summm isn't among the suggestions, so I probably did this
the wrong way.

Henric