[ESS] ESS error: Autoloading failed to define function compilation--ensure-parse

Dorazio, Robert bob_dor@z|o @end|ng |rom u@g@@gov
Fri Oct 2 15:25:18 CEST 2015

​Hi Rodney,

Upgrading to Emacs 24.5 is difficult because it is not available in the
repository for Ubuntu 12.04​ (my OS).  I tried installing from source using
instructions from the following web site,

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2014/10/emacs-24-4-released-install-in-ubuntu-14-04/

 but installation failed to create a make file.

Any other suggestions?

Robert M. Dorazio
Wetland and Aquatic Research Center
U.S. Geological Survey