[ESS] C-M-e and C-M-a: move to next end/previous beginning?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:57:02 CEST 2015

Dear All,

With C-M-e ( ess-goto-end-of-function-or-para) and C-M-a
(ess-goto-beginning-of-function-or-para), once you reach the end/beginning
of a function, further C-M-e/a will not move you to the end/beginning of
the next/previous function.

Is it possible to somehow achieve this? Or the "otherwise go to the end of
paragraph" that C-M-e does precludes it?

Why do I want to do this? Yes, the ESS manual explicitly says "Don’t forget
the usual Emacs commands for moving over balanced expressions and
parentheses", so combining C-M-e with, say, C-M-n will do what I want, but
I'd rather just keep hitting "e" than alternating C-M-e and C-M-n. And I
also keep tripping on this as, for instance, C-M-e and C-M-a in C++ code
(c-end/beginning-of-defun) or elisp code (end/beginning-of-defun) keep
moving you to subsequent/previous ends/beginnings.

Thanks,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte