[ESS] R + ESS + org - do I gain anything when adding CEDET?

Rainer M Krug R@|ner @end|ng |rom krug@@de
Mon Mar 23 13:31:50 CET 2015

Hi

Sorry in advance, but I guess this is slightly off-topic, but I guess I
get the most informative answers here; so I decided to post it here.

I am thinking about my workflow and project management tools I use.

At the moment I am using orgmode to tangle my R files, which I then load
via load_all() (or devtools) and do my analyses using obvioi8sly ESS.

Now I am not to happy with my project management, basically sets of files
/ buffers I can switch between, and preferably also layouts of the
windows in a frame (I now have a large monitor and I start missing
it...).

I was thinking about CEDET - if I remember correctly, it offers what I
am looking for (I used it ages ago - but before my org times), but does
it add anything more? Does the semantic parser work for R (it is not
listed on their page [1])?

So effectively - before I delve into the beast called CEDET - is it
worth wile for R?

Thanks,

Rainer

Footnotes: