[ESS] emacsclient: ess toolbar icons disappear when server started as daemon

Peter Baker b@ker@peter2009 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 21 16:04:27 CET 2015

Hi Rodney

Thanks very much. I will assume that using daemons is not the way to go so
will check out your suggestions. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't totally
wrong.

I usually use stable (standard 24.4) emacs and its the same result
whichever way I go. I have a problem with org on Fedora (segfaults at
times) that just never shows up on linuxmint so I occasionally use
unreleased version on Fedora as that's my preferred OS - but with no luck
anyway

One plus is that I'm using key bindings instead of the mouse so it could be
a blessing ;-)

Thanks again

Cheers
Peter

--
Dr Peter Baker | Co-Director Biostatistics Unit | Senior
Lecturer/Statistician | Epidemiology & Biostatistics

Room 423 | School of Population Health |The University of Queensland |
Public
Health Building | Herston Rd | Herston Qld 4006 | Australia

Ph: +61 7 3346 4747 | Fax: +61 7 3365 5442 | http://www.sph.uq.edu.au/  |
Email: p.baker1 using uq.edu.au or baker.peter2009 using gmail.com