[ESS] unable to start device X11

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Wed Sep 10 02:13:36 CEST 2014

Have you tried issuing the quartz() command before your plot?

The R.app software uses the quartz device by default.

R through ESS appears to be trying the X11() device,
and you may not have all the X11 bits set up.

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre