[ESS] Graphics in emacs window: how to copy R screen devices in non-interactive sessions (remotes)

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Tue Nov 19 03:27:53 CET 2013

Evaluate captures plots after each R expression, *and* in the plot
hooks persp, before.plot.new, and before.grid.newpage:
https://github.com/hadley/evaluate/blob/master/R/eval.r#L106-L109 I'm
not aware what else plots can escape under this circumstance, given
several bug reports in knitr/evaluate in the past. Besides, you do not
want to capture all the display lists, because some are actually
"empty", and you have to filter them out, which is also knitr/evaluate
does (and I admit it is hackish).

Regards,
Yihui
--